After consulting with local people, the authority has prepared a supplementary planning document (SPD) to reflect the policies in the Derbyshire Dales Local Plan.
To ensure that sustainable development is achieved, the Local Plan seeks the provision of both off-site and on-site infrastructure.
The SPD sets out the basis of the calculation for financial contributions and obligations to be sought from development for the provision of infrastructure necessary to support development. This includes affordable housing, open space, community facilities including for sport and recreation, education, health care, traffic and transportation and broadband. The SPD also includes suggestions for measures to be provided as part of developments that seek to address the challenges of climate change.
The SPD was adopted by the Local Planning Authority at the meeting of its Community and Environment Committee held on 19th February 2020. The adopted SPD will have statutory weight in the decision making process and will be used in the determination of planning applications.
The Developer Contribution SPD can be viewed at www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/DeveloperContributionsSPD and at the following locations:
- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Bank Road, Matlock DE4 3NN
- The Arc Leisure Centre, 1 Bakewell Road, Matlock DE4 3AZ
- Matlock Library, Steep Turnpike, Matlock DE4 3DP
- Ashbourne Leisure Centre, Clifton Road, Ashbourne DE6 1DR
- Ashbourne Library, Crompton, Ashbourne DE6 1DA
- Wirksworth Leisure Centre, Hannage Way, Wirksworth DE4 4JG
- Wirksworth Library, Town Hall, Wirksworth DE4 4EU