2021/22 Service Plans
Our service plans form an important part of the management and monitoring of Council services. They contain details of the services we will deliver, linked to the aims and objectives of the Corporate Plan.
Our service plans for 2021/22 were agreed by the council in March 2021 and contain our performance during 2019/21.
The Plan includes our ‘Corporate Plan Indicators’ and ‘Key Performance Indicators’ which will be monitored quarterly, as well as service indicators which will be reported at the end of each financial year. The service plans also include information on staff resources and budgets to clarify the link between service levels and resources.
- 2021/22 Service Plans [809KB]
Performance Management Handbook
This handbook sets out what performance management is and why it is so important to achieving and demonstrating improvement. It explains what the District Council and its staff do to plan activity and to monitor, report and improve performance in order to deliver its priorities. Please see the latest version below - published in February 2021.
- Performance Management Handbook [DOC 127KB]
Performance of the District Council's Priorities
The District Council manages its services throughout the year using ‘Corporate Plan Indicators’ and ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and a traffic light system. From April 2016 these will be reported twice a year to Council.
Below are summaries of our performance against the targets we set for all our priority indicators
Reports to Council 2020/21
- Corporate Plan targets for adopted priorities for 2021/22; the performance to date, against the 2020/21 Corporate Plan targets.’ Agenda item 6, pages 23 to 25.
- Performance against the District Council’s Corporate Plan targets, since its adoption in March 2020; the report highlights where performance is strong and where progress has been delayed by COVID-19. Also to consider adoption of the Corporate Plans priority target areas for 2021/22, as detailed in Section 3 of the report, to enable service planning and budget preparation to take place in good time for March 2021. [Item 6, pages 17 to 27]
- Outturn performance against Corporate Plan targets and
- Key Performance indicators for 2019/20 and approve the Key Performance indicator target for 20/21. [Agenda item 22 on p.228 to p.235 of report]
Reports to Council 2019/20
- Outturn performance against the District Council’s Key & Corporate Performance Indicators for the year 2018/19 and consider approval of modifications to the performance targets detailed in the report. Also, to note the Corporate Plan targets and Key Performance Indicators for 2018/19. [Agenda item 12, pages 45 to 52]
- To consider adoption of the Corporate Plan targets for 2020-2024, setting out the District Council’s strategic priorities over the next four years. Approval of the District Council’s Service Plans for 2020/21, which includes the relevant Corporate Plan targets for operational use in 2020/21.
- Council 21st November (item 15 - Corporate Plan 2020-24 including progress against 2019/20 targets and item 16 - Organisational Health - Key Performance Indicators mid-year 2019/20)
Reports to Council in 2018/19
- Council 30th May 2019 (Item 12 – Key & Corporate Performance Indicators Outturn 2018/19)
- Council 7th March 2019 (Item 5 – adoption of Corporate Plan targets for 2019/20 and Q3 update of Corporate Plan targets)
- Council 5th December 2018 (Items 10 & 11 – mid-year Key and Corporate Performance Indicators)
Reports to Council in 2017/18
Below are summaries of our performance against the targets we set for all our priority indicators:
- Council 31 May 2018
- Council 5 March 2018 (report of Corporate Plan targets only)
- Council 30 November 2017
Reports to Council in 2016/17
Below are summaries of our performance against the targets we set for all our priority indicators;
- Council 22 June 2017
- Council 2 March 2017
- Council 24 November 2016
Reports to Council in 2015/16
Below are summaries of our performance against the targets we set for all our Priority Indicators.
- Council 30 June 2016
- Council 25th June 2015
- Corporate Committee - 26 June 2014 [PDF 0.02MB]
- Community Committee - 10 July 2014 [PDF 0.02MB]
- Environment Committee - 17 July 2014 [PDF 0.02MB]
Performance Summaries (first of twice yearly reports)
- Corporate Committee - 27 June 2013 [PDF 526KB]
- Community Committee - 11 July 2013 [PDF 117KB]
- Environment Committee - 18 July 2013 [PDF 263KB]
Half year progress
- Corporate Committee - 12 December 2013
- Community Committee - 16 January 2014
- Environment Committee - 27 February 2014
- Corporate Committee – 14 June 2012 [PDF 21KB]
- Community Committee – 12 July 2012 [PDF 18KB]
- Environment Committee – 23 August 2012 [PDF 17KB]
Half Year progress
- Corporate Committee 13 December 2012 [PDF 31.9KB]
- Community Committee 17 January 2013 [PDF 25.5KB]
- Note - no half year report to Environment Committee
Please refer to pages 6 to 7 in the Performance Management Handbook above for more details of our approach to performance management.