The Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan covers the area of the civil parish of Wirksworth, including Bolehill and reflects and responds to development-related needs identified in the parish. The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the Parish and planning policies which will be used to help determine planning applications in the area.The District Council at a meeting of Full Council on 25th June 2015 resolved to 'make' the Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
The Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan forms part of the Development Plan for Derbyshire Dales and is be taken into account in local planning decisions.BackgroundAs part of the preparation of the Neighbourhood plan, the District Council received an area application from Wirksworth Town Council under section 61G of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (As amended by the Localism Act 2011) which sought the designation of the whole of the Parish of Wirksworth as a Neighbourhood Area. This request was considered by the District Council's Corporate Committee on 13th December 2012, at which it was resolved to designate the whole of the Parish of Wirksworth as a Neighbourhood Area.
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement 2015 [PDF 23KB]
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan Character Area Map [PDF 14.7MB]
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan Proposals Map 1 [PDF 21.12MB]
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan Proposals Map 2 [PDF 16.2MB]
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan (Adopted June 2015) [PDF 1.0MB]
- Wirksworth Neighbourhood Plan Examiners Report [PDF 4MB]