A Local Land Charge Search should be carried out when a property or piece of land is being sold, purchased, leased or valued to find out if there are any matters affecting the land.
Searches are usually carried out in two parts:
- The first part of the Search (LLC1) deals with all registrable charges, such as conditional planning consents, grants, tree preservation orders, planning agreements, and listed buildings and some enforcement issues.
- The second part (CON29) deals with issues that are not registrable such as planning refusals and unconditional consents, road schemes, planning history and environmental matters.
The information given on a search relates only to the property or land identified on the search plan. We do not provide information regarding surrounding property or land.
Who can commission a local authority search?
Anyone may commission a Local Authority search by submitting the correct forms, together with the required fee by email or post.
Fees (including VAT)
- Official Search Fee (LLC1 + Con29R) - £125.80
- LLC1 only - £31.00
- Con29R - £94.80
- Con29O (per question) - £12.00
- Additional Parcel of Land - £13.20
- Written enquiries (solicitors own questions) - £14.40
- Personal Search of the Register - £0.00
Submit a search online
Complete our online Property Search Form.
Complete our online Component Data Form
Return of search
Our preferred method of returning search is by email, although we will return searches by post if you prefer. If you would like to receive your searches by email, please include your email address on the application form. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your search result, please contact us.
Our searches are:
- the only Official Certificate of Search available
- processed by experienced staff, with local knowledge
- returned quickly (For searches received in June, the average turnaround time was 7.9 working days. 98.9% of searches were returned within 10 working days. For the year 2022/2023 (April – June) the average turnaround time of searches returned was 7.3 working days. 97.7% of searches were returned within 10 working days.For personal searches received in June, the average turnaround time was 8.6 working days. 100% of personal searches were returned within 10 working days. For the year 2022/23 (April – June) the average time taken to return personal searches Was 7.6 working days. 100% of personal searches were returned within 10 working days).