Resident parking permit
Cost of a resident parking permit
- First parking permit in household*
- Free second parking permit in household - £60
- Replacement permits - £60
* We issue the free parking permit to every household during March each year.
Applying for a second/replacement resident's parking permit
Applications for second/replacement 2023/24 resident's parking permits will be made available from 1st March 2023.
If your application is successful, it can take up to 10 working days for the permit to get to you in the post.
Information you will need to hand
- Full postal address
- Email address and telephone number
- Council Tax number (found on your Council Tax Bill)
- Payment card details
What is the resident parking permit?
The annual Residents' Free Parking Concession is automatically issued to all households within the Derbyshire Dales district. In order to benefit from the concession and be exempt from the pay and display charges before 11am and after 4pm daily, the badge must be displayed clearly on the windscreen of your vehicle. Only one free badge is available to each household.
The badge is issued for use under the following conditions:-
- It is only valid on the District Council's Pay and Display car parks.
- It is valid for use before 11.00AM and after 4.00PM, at all other times you must pay and display.
- Displaying the badge will enable you to park without paying, but all other rules apply.
- You may buy a 1 hour parking ticket before 11am and display it alongside your badge to extend your stay to 12 noon. (Maximum extension 1 hour, valid on day of purchase only).
Please look after the badge as free replacements will not be issued.
Discount Season Tickets
The Discount Season Ticket Scheme is intended to assist those drivers who work within the main towns and villages of the Derbyshire Dales and who make use of pay and display car parks on a regular basis throughout the year. Virtual tickets can be purchased in whole months, these virtual tickets will exempt the driver from having to pay at the ticket issuing machine. Ownership of a virtual permit does not, however, guarantee you a space. Discount Season Tickets are available for some pay and display car parks controlled by the District Council although, in certain circumstances, restrictions may be in place. Exclusions from the scheme are short stay car parks, busy shoppers car parks and permit holders only car parks.
A full summary of restrictions are given below.
- Annual Discount Season Ticket - Zone Specific - £555.30
- Six month Discount Season Ticket - Zone Specific - £277.65
- Monthly Discount Season Ticket - Zone Specific - £46.28
Discount Season Ticket Zones and Location Numbers
807906 - ASHBOURNE: Bus Station, Cattle Market, Swimming Pool
807907 - BAKEWELL: New Street, Agricultural Business Centre
807908 - MATLOCK: Artist Corner, Bank Road. The Station, Town Hall Front, Imperial Road (Rooftop)
807909 - MATLOCK BATH: Station Yard, Temple Road, Artist Corner
807910 - WIRKSWORTH: Market Place, Barmote Croft
Restrictions on Availability
Season tickets are not available for the following:
- Market Place, Bakewell
- Granby Road, Bakewell
- Market Place, Ashbourne
- Pavilion, Matlock Bath
- Shawcroft, Ashbourne.
- Lido, Matlock
- Spa Villas, Matlock
- Olde Englishe, Matlock
The following restrictions are in place on market days in Bakewell
- Agricultural Business Centre - Parking limited to grassland overspill areas on livestock market days (Mondays, Thursdays and occasional Saturdays).Attendants will be present to direct visitors to parking spaces on such days.
Virtual tickets cannot be used in areas of car parks or specific bays, which are otherwise reserved. Please be aware that whilst every effort will be made to offer alternative parking, the Council cannot guarantee you a parking space which is why there is more than one car park included within the zone.
Charges and Methods of Payment
The current fees for Discount Season Tickets are £46.28, inclusive of VAT. Charges will be reviewed annually but should remain unchanged for the period that any issued permit remains valid. Payment may be made by credit/debit card using the PayByPhone app or the PayByPhone website.
- Season Tickets are issued for specific cars and for specific parking areas (or zones) and are not interchangeable or transferable. A ticket holder must change any vehicle details if using a different vehicle before they park, either in the PayByPhone App or on the PayByPhone website, in order that revisions are recorded.
- Please ensure you have entered your vehicle details correctly and pay particular attention if your vehicle has a 1 or l, or a 0 or O. Any vehicles which have the incorrect registration number may be issued with a parking ticket if witnessed by the parking enforcement team.
- Virtual tickets will be valid from the date of issue for the period which you have paid for. Tickets will not be
- No guarantee can be given that a parking space will be
- Any refund requests must be made using the PayByPhone app or PayByPhone website and you will be refunded to the card you have registered on your account.
Conditions of Use
- A season ticket may only be used in accordance with the terms prescribed by the Derbyshire Dales (Off- Street Parking Places) Order 2013. A virtual ticket, will exempt the holder from payment of normal parking fees. All other conditions for parking will apply.
- The conditions for parking (and any other restrictions in force) are summarised on the ticket issuing machine(s) or accompanying tariff board(s) on the designated car
- A season ticket will permit parking only on the car park(s) designated on the ticket. It is not valid on any other car
- The Derbyshire Dales (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2013 is available for inspection at the Town Hall, Matlock, during normal working
Derbyshire Dales District Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have previously provided on your permit application form for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
Rover Passes - 3 day and 7 day parking passes
What is the Rover Pass?
Seven-day and three-day Rover parking passes entitles you to unlimited use in our car parks across the Derbyshire Dales (please note the maximum permitted period will apply in our short-stay car parks).
How to buy a Rover Pass?
You can buy a Rover Pass by using the Pay by Phone app. You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store or visit the PayByPhone website.
The location number is 806602 which gives you the option to buy a 3-day or 7-day pass.
If you do not have access to a smartphone, you can call 0330 400 7275 when you are ready to activate a rover pass. Whether you use the App or use the telephone number, you will need to answer a few questions and register a credit/debit card and this information is stored for future use.
If you have any questions, please contact us
- Weekly Rover pass (7 days) - £32.00
- 3-day Rover Pass - £15.00
Apply: To apply for/renew a Blue Badge, please visit the Derbyshire County Council website.
Parking charges apply to blue badge holders however, they are given an extra hour on top of what they have paid for.
The existing right of Blue Badge holders to park on restricted stretches of the public highway is not affected by the new charging scheme proposal.
Blue Badge holders will continue to exercise that right in areas that do not cause obstruction.
There are a number of designated spaces in most of the car parks which are wider for wheelchair access. If the car park you are using has no disabled bays, or if they are full, the blue badge can be used in any pay and display bay.
Your badge must be clearly displayed on the dashboard. Vehicles parked in disabled bays, without clearly displaying valid blue badges may be issued a Penalty Charge Notice.
Further information on the Blue Badge scheme.
Bakewell resident parking scheme
Derbyshire County Council are responsible for administering the resident parking scheme in Bakewell. Please visit their resident parking scheme web page for further information.