Hall Leys Tennis Courts (Matlock)
Our newly refurbished tennis courts in Matlock Hall Leys Park are now open. You can book the courts online using a clubspark account (on the LTA).
Please note the courts will be unavailable for hire on Tuesdays 10am to 11am throughout the year for Rusty Rackets.
Normal price per court is £5 per hour.
Court 1 - is the far court (skate park side) with no overhanging trees)
Court 2 - is the nearside court (by the entrance and nearest the toilet block) There are some overhanging trees on this court.
How to Book a Tennis Court at Hall Leys Park Matlock:
- Register on LTA website as an LTA member (this is free) and search for Hall Leys Park, Matlock.
- Book a court
Information about the gate to the tennis courts
Video on how to enter your code: How to use the Key Pad
What do I do if my PIN code doesn’t work?
- Check your booking is on the correct day and time.
- Are you entering the code within your allocated booking time? (The code will only let you in on the hour exactly for your booking time. e.g. booked for 10am it will not let you in at 9.50am, you have to wait for 10am).
- Make sure you press the * key (star key) once then the six-digit code.
What do the tones/sounds mean on the keypad?
- Two short tones (with a blue light displayed) signals that the code has been input correctly.
- A short tone (with a red light displayed) signals that the code has been input incorrectly.
- A long tone (with a red light displayed) signals that the code has been input incorrectly three times. The keypad has now been locked, and you will need to wait one minute before trying again.
I think I’ve done everything correctly, but I still have an issue.
Please contact Derbyshire Dales District Council who operate these courts:
When entering or exiting the courts, please ensure the gate shuts fully behind you.
Rusty Rackets - No sessions (Tennis or Pickleball) during Christmas holidays (Week commencing 25th December until week ending 7th January)
We are back on court with our Rusty Rackets sessions in Ashbourne, Bakewell and Matlock. During these times the tennis courts are unavailable for use. These sessions are perfect for anyone who is new to tennis or who wants to get back into tennis. We have a coach on hand to help you with the basics and to improve your game whilst also having a fun and social game of tennis.
Included is racket hire but you can bring your own racket too.
- Matlock Hall Leys Park - Tuesday 10am - 11am - £4
- Bakewell Recreation Ground - Tuesdays - 1.30pm to 2.30pm - £4 (Easter to 30th Sept) - This session moves indoors to the ABC October to Easter for Pickleball.
- Ashbourne Recreation Ground - Thursdays - 10.30am to 11.30am - £4
Please contact before attending as sessions are weather dependent. Contact
Winter Pickleball for Bakewell Rusty Rackets
Pickleball sessions are held at the Bakewell Agriculture and Business Centre (ABC) during the winter instead of the Rusty Rackets session in Bakewell. We have a maximum of 6 players per session and each session costs £4. Booking is essential - Contact Alan McGill -
- Tuesday 12.30pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 1.45pm - 2.45pm
Additional sessions: Tuesdays 3pm - 4pm (on alternate Tuesdays due to market set up)
- 16th January / 30th January
- 13th February / 27th February
- 12th March / 26th March
What is Pickleball? It is a mix of tennis, badminton and table tennis, played with a plastic ball with holes in and a solid paddle type racket. It is played both indoor and outdoors and both tennis and badminton courts which can be adapted for use. We have had a full size court marked out inside at the ABC centre in Bakewell specifically for Pickleball.
Free walking tennis taster session are monthly on Thursdays 1pm - 2pm at Hall Leys Park Matlock. These sessions run monthly from April to October. Please contact
Sessions are weather dependent. (Sessions are currently on hold for winter)