Derbyshire Dales District Council‘s Housing Support Service provides floating support to enable people to live independently within their own home.
Support can include:
- helping you with moving into new accommodation and setting up a tenancy
- working with you around any problems you are facing in your home which may lead you to becoming homeless e.g. debt
- working with you to learn new skills to help you live independently
- working with you to make sure you are receiving all your benefits
- helping you to find out what is going on in your local area that you might what to get involved with
- helping you with getting back to work
- helping you access physical and mental health services, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Referrals are usually made by other agencies e.g. Adult Social Care, Mental Health Teams, CAB etc. If you are currently working with another agency please ask them to make a referral for you. If you are currently not working with any agencies but would still like to access floating support please e-mail:
Or telephone 01629 761340.