Bulky waste refers to items that are too large to be taken away with the normal refuse collection. This can mean items such as furniture, white goods, fridges and freezers.
Large items of waste can be collected from your property, the following charges apply:
Type of Collection and Charge £
- 1 to 3 items: £36.15
- 4 to 6 items: £72.30
- 1 item: £36.15
- 2 to 3 items: £72.30
The following items are classed as electrical Items:
- washing machines
- spin driers
- tumble driers
- vacuum cleaners
- lawn mowers
Arrange a collection
To arrange a collection please complete our online form.
Terms and Conditions
- Bulky collections are for domestic residential properties only.
- Items are to be placed outside by 7.00am on the collection day, at the front of the property where it is easily accessible for crews to collect them. Items cannot be carried up or down steps.
- Fridges/freezers must be emptied of food etc. prior to collection.
- Collections will be made on a set day for your area
- The collection cannot be amended once payment has been made this means that items cannot be added to or swapped on the collection list.
- Only the items listed on the website can be collected.
- Only the items selected during booking will be collected. Any other items placed outside the property will not be taken.
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect items which it considers may endanger the health and safety of collection crews or damage the vehicle.
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect items which it considers hazardous to health, e.g. if infested or soiled, or if items cannot be lifted e.g. a rain-soaked mattress
- Access to items for collection must not be restricted e.g. by parked cars, locked/secured gates
Items which cannot be collected
- Excavated material, including soil and sods, clay, gravel, stone, broken concrete, tarmac, etc.
- Greenhouses, sheds, panes of glass, window-frames, internal or external doors, garage doors, concrete slabs, bricks, blocks, plaster, cement, timber, radiators, fireplaces, gas fires, boilers.
- Bathroom fittings i.e. toilet, bath, shower base, shower-screen, wash-hand basin, bidet.
- Kitchen cupboards or base units and sink units.
- Water tanks and cylinders.
- Heaps or piles of loose branches.
- Gas cylinders.
- Liquid waste including any flammable liquids and paint.
- Motor vehicle or motorcycle parts including wheels and tyres.
- Hazardous household waste e.g. household chemicals, herbicides, insecticides.
We will not collect any waste created on household premises by builders, plumbers, decorators, gardeners, electricians, joiners, odd-job men, glaziers, double-glazing installers, central-heating installers, fitted-kitchen installers or any other tradesmen. All contractors should remove the waste they produce when carrying out any work on your property.
Householders who wish to remove large amounts of waste, or waste that does not fall within the definition of 'household waste', should look for private contractors who carry out 'Skip Hire' or 'House Clearance'.
Derbyshire County Council provide Household Waste Recycling Centres for the disposal of waste from households.