Universal Credit

Full Service Universal Credit has 'rolled out' in the Derbyshire Dales. This means that if you are working age (16 to 64 years of age) you can no longer claim Housing Benefit with the Council and instead claim Housing Cost assistance within your Universal Credit award.

Anyone who is receiving a pension can still claim Housing Benefit with the Council. Persons living in Supported Accommodation (Hostel, Temporary Accommodation or tenancies where general care and support are provided) are also exempted from this change and may still claim Housing Benefit.

To check if this affects you visit www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Contact Matlock Jobcentre if you require assistance with claiming Universal Credit

Jobcentre Plus
2 Lime Grove Walk,

Tel 01629 773000

The criteria for claiming Universal Credit is extended regularly and you should check the Department for Work and Pensions Universal Credit service.

How to claim

Claims for Universal Credit should be made online at www.gov.uk/universal-credit.

A-Z of services