Whether you use a blue-lid bin for recycling at your property or a combination of blue bags and blue box, we will take additional material if placed at the side of your recycling container(s) providing it is easily identifiable as recycling material and is suitably contained.
- Flatten and where possible remove all staples and packaging tape from cardboard, removing all polystyrene and bubble wrap
- Pieces of cardboard that will not fit in your container can be flattened and placed next to the container for collection
- Large cardboard boxes should be flattened and broken down into smaller pieces no wider than 0.5m to fit the recycling compartment of our trucks
Large recycling items
There are four household waste recycling centres in and near to the Derbyshire Dales:
- Harrison Way, Northwood, Darley Dale (DE4 2LF)
- Mayfield Road, Ashbourne (DE6 2BJ)
- Sheffield Road, Chesterfield (S41 7LF)
- Waterswallows, Buxton (SK17 7BJ)
The sites are open 7 days a week from 0830 - 1800 (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day).
The centres are run by Derbyshire County Council and are for any items of waste from your own house which may be too large or bulky to be taken by your normal waste collection. Additional household waste can also be taken. There is no charge for disposing of waste at these centres.
For a full list of sites, further details on what waste is accepted and not accepted, and information about using the sites, please visit Derbyshire County Council's website.