Help & advice

Your Benefit Section works very closely with several local bodies to ensure that you get prompt and accurate advice. These include: 

Derbyshire Districts Citizens Advice Bureau (based in the Town Hall)

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides a free, confidential and independent advice service. They have offices in Matlock and outreach sessions in Ashbourne and Bakewell:

Derbyshire County Council Welfare Benefits Information and Advice Team

The team offers comprehensive advice about a range of entitlements:

Floating Support Services

Floating support services help people to find and maintain accommodation, including applying for benefits and developing independent living skills.

Derbyshire Independent Living Service

If you are experiencing mental ill-health and need support to maintain your home or to find a more suitable place to live, we can help.

Phone: 01773 742051

Adullam Housing Support

Adullam Homes Housing Association support anyone in the Derbyshire Dales aged 18+ who is homeless or at risk of homelessness. We support anyone who has mental or physical health issues, addictions or fleeing domestic abuse. We support service users with tenancy related issues who are in Housing Association or private rented properties. We help service users to set up bill payments, access benefits and funding and to be ready for work. We also facilitate a Bond scheme to help people access private rented accommodation.

Other places to get help

You can also get free impartial and confidential advice on a range of money issues from:

The Money Advice Service

The National Debtline

A helpline that provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.

Step Change

A debt charity

A picture of a blue-lid bin with the text When is my collection? alongside