After consulting with local people, the authority has prepared a supplementary planning document (SPD) to reflect the policies in the Derbyshire Dales Local Plan.
The SPD will build on and provide more detailed advice or guidance on policies in an adopted local plan
The Climate Change Supplementary Planning Document [PDF 3.6MB] seeks to provide additional guidance on the following key areas:
- Green Infrastructure – including linkages to parks and open spaces, trees and landscaping, as well as linkages to biodiversity.
- Water – including managing flood risk, sustainable drainage systems and the drainage hierarchy
- Energy – including the energy hierarchy, home energy standards and renewable energy systems
- Transport – including walkable and low car neighbourhoods, walking, cycling and public transport. It also includes the facilitation of electric vehicles.
- Building Design – including density of development and orientation
The SPD was adopted by the District Council’s Community and Environment Committee on 5 July. The adopted SPD will have statutory weight in the decision making process and will be used in the determination of planning applications.
View more documents and background information at www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/climatechangeSPD