A brand new drinks event is coming to beautiful Bakewell on 22 & 23 June.
The Cowshed Beer Festival will showcase around 30 ales from within 30 miles of the popular market town, plus local ciders, a prosecco bar, food stalls and music.
The event is being staged by Derbyshire Dales District Council at the Agricultural Business Centre (ABC) and will feature two sessions on each day - 2pm to 6pm and 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Tickets are available to buy online here (Select Other payments > Events > The Cowshed Festival) and the £5 advance entry price includes a glass and beer tasting menu.
A District Council spokesperson said:
"We've made it clear that our target in the coming years is to take a more commercial approach to what we do, and one of the new ideas is staging this beer festival at our ABC, which is now established as a hub of the local Peak District economy.
“It's a great opportunity to showcase the brilliant breweries that operate here in the Derbyshire Dales and over the border into Sheffield, Chesterfield and Derby.”
Main event sponsor Peak Ales of Bakewell will be joined at the Cowshed Beer Festival by another Bakewell brewery, Thornbridge, with others popular among beer tasting aficionados including Matlock’s Wolds Farm, Dancing Duck, Brampton, Fuggle Bunny, Little Critters, Ashover, Whim and many more.
Peak Ales's Elly Hopkinson said:
"Beer festivals are always great fun and bring together people who know and love their ales as well as visitors who just want to savour the atmosphere and have a great time. We're really proud to be sponsoring the first Cowshed Beer Festival in our home town and are looking forward to a fabulous couple of days."
Local breweries that have confirmed their attendance include main sponsors Peak Ales of Bakewell, Thornbridge of Bakewell, Matlock's Wolds Farm, plus Collyfobble, Barlow, Intrepid, Brampton, Whim, Ashover, Little Critters, Fuggle Bunny, Bradfield, Wincle, Derventio, Howard Town, Shiny Brewery and Dancing Duck.
Entertainment on both days will be provided - appropriately for a 'Cowshed' event - by the Beat N Trax DJ Landrover!
Children are allowed at the afternoon sessions only - and we also welcome well behaved dogs on a lead.
Food stalls will include tornado potatoes and Indian cuisine.
- The Cowshed Beer Festival is organised by Derbyshire Dales District Council and you can follow our Facebook page for all the latest information.
- Email us at email@example.com
Parking & transport
There is plentiful parking at the event venue - the Agricultural Business Centre in Bakewell (parking charges).
Trent Barton's 6.1 service operates between Derby, Belper, Wirksworth, Matlock and Bakewell - view the timetable.
The Transpeak service runs every hour from Derby Bus Station, directly along the A6 to Bakewell and Buxton. Three times a day buses continue along the A6 to serve Manchester.
Terms & Conditions
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, sold, offered for sale, exchanged or returned.
- The Cow Shed Beer Festival staff may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all members of the public when entering the event or if there is any cause for suspicion.
- The Cow Shed Beer Festival staff reserve the right to search bags.
- Staff reserve the right to request identification from any person looking under the age of 25 when purchasing alcohol.
- The event welcomes well-behaved children to the day sessions, provided that they are accompanied by their parents or guardians at all times. The parents/guardians of any child found to be unsupervised, or misbehaving will be asked to leave the event along with their child/children.
- DDDC cannot offer exchanges or refunds for any tokens.
- DDDC cannot be held responsible for any tokens that are lost or stolen.
- Only food or drink bought at the event may be consumed on the premises.
- DDDC cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
- All adults present consent to being filmed/ photographed, images and recordings may be used to promote The Cow Shed Beer Festival and its activities in print, in the media and on websites.
- In the interests of public safety DDDC reserves the right to request attendees to leave the festival at any time for safety reasons.
- DDDC reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.
- DDDC reserves the right to change any information on this website at any time.
- We hold a zero tolerance policy for drunken or antisocial behavior.
- Alcohol is only permitted outside the main Cow Shed arena in the designated area.
- DDDC is not responsible for any loss damage or injury howsoever caused unless caused by the negligence of DDDC.
- Statutory rights are not affected
- All tickets purchased prior to the event are non-refundable, unless the event is canceled due to unforeseen reasons.