Consultation: Draft Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance September 2018
14th September - 26th October 2018.
The previously adopted Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance 2005 has been revised and updated to reflect the policies in the Adopted Derbyshire Dales Local Plan 2017, changes in legislation and the approach to conversion and re-use of farm buildings. The revised Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance can be seen here.
The SPD and Consultation Statement can also be inspected at the following locations:
- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Bank Road, Matlock DE4 3NN
- The Arc, 1 Bakewell Road, Matlock DE4 3AZ
- Matlock Library, Steep Turnpike, Matlock DE4 3DP
- Ashbourne Leisure Centre, Clifton Road, AShbourne DE6 1DR
- Ashbourne Library, Crompton, Ashbourne DE6 1DR
- Wirksworth Leisure Centre, Hannage Way, Wiksworth DE4 4EU
- Wirksworth Library, Town Hall, Wirksworth DE4 4EU
Consultation on the revised SPD will run for six weeks from the 14th September to the 26th October 2018. The consultation is now closed.
The main issues raised, response and action taken will be included in an Adoption Consultation Statement in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 12(a). All responses will be considered under delegated authority, or reported to Members where substantive issues are raised, prior to adoption.
In the predominantly rural district of the Derbyshire Dales, farm buildings are a common, distinctive and prevalent building type When these buildings are not required for the purpose for which they were constructed there is pressure to convert them to alternative uses.
The draft Supplementary Planning Document seeks to:
- To expand upon Local Plan policy to provide more detailed and practical design advice for the conversion of farm building.
- To provide complementary guidance and advice for farm building owners who are seeking to find alternative uses for their farm buildings without having an adverse impact on their character, appearance or setting.
The Supplementary Planning Document will apply to that part of the Derbyshire Dales District Council area for which it is the local planning authority, excluding the Peak District National Park.
- Draft Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance [PDF 4.4MB]
- Consultation Statement Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance Sept. 2018
- Consultation online survey form [external link]
- Community and Environment Committee 13th September 2018 Agenda Item 8 [weblink]
- The Town and County Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regullations 2012
- The Conversion of Barns SPD (2005) (PDF 1139KB)
- Conversion of Farm Buildings Adoption Statement (PDF 50KB)
- Conversion of Farm Buildings Consultation Statement (PDF 253KB)
- Conversion of Farm Buildings Scoping Report (PDF 389KB)
- Conversion of Farm Buildings Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF 274KB)