Consultation on the preferred level of housing requirement, the distribution of housing across the plan area, and the site options was undertaken from 14th June 2012 to 30 August 2012.
The information leaflets below identify the sites that the District Council considered had the potential to be allocated for housing to meet the housing requirements of different towns and villages:
- Ashbourne [PDF 8.92MB]
- Brailsford [PDF 7.47MB]
- Darley Dale [PDF 21.48MB]
- Doveridge [PDF 7.64MB]
- Matlock [PDF 16.53MB]
- Tansley [PDF 9.28MB]
- Wirksworth [PDF 12.23MB]
Housing Allocations Issues and Options [PDF 0.81MB]
Housing Allocations Issues and Options - Appendix 1 - Settlement Overview Maps [PDF 5.82MB]
Housing Allocations Issues and Options - Appendix 2 - Ashbourne Sub Area [PDF 7.5MB]
Housing Allocations Issues and Options - Appendix 2 - Matlock Wirksworth Sub Area [PDF 36.99MB]
Housing Allocations Issues and Options - Appendix 2 - Southern Parishes Sub Area [PDF 4.41MB]~
Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Statement 2011 [PDF 18.96MB]
Strategic Housing Options Paper June 2012 [PDF 2.47MB]
Development Approaches and Sub Area Strategies [PDF 462KB]
Derbyshire Dales Local Plan - Housing Allocations Issues and Options Sustainability Appraisal Report June 12 [PDF 0.88MB]
Come and see us
Public exhibitions and public meetings were arranged to enable residents to discuss the housing options with planning officers from the District Council:
|Mon 18 Jun||Ashbourne Leisure Centre|
|Tue 19 Jun||Brailsford Institute|
|Thu 21 Jun||Matlock Imperial Rooms|
|Tue 26 Jun||Wirksworth Memorial Hall|
|Wed 27 Jun||Tansley Village Hall|
|Thu 28 Jun||Doveridge Village Hall|
|Wed 4 Jul||Darley Dale, Terrace Room, Whitworth Centre|
|Wed 18 Jul||Highfields Upper School, Matlock|
Have your say
We valued feedback and invited residents to comment on the following:
- The overall level of housing requirement for Derbyshire Dales.
- Is the level too high, too low or just right?
- The distribution of the housing across the plan area
- Are we distributing the housing in the right towns and villages - if not, where else do you think new housing development should take place?
- Is the distribution of the housing numbers across the three sub areas about right?
- The proposed level of housing allocations to the towns and villages across the plan area
- Are the housing allocations for each town and village, too high, too low or just right?
The deadline for comments was 30 August 2012. Comments submitted after this date were not considered.