The Equality Duty requires the District Council to publish equality objectives every four years. The aim of the objectives is to tackle priority equality issues in the Derbyshire Dales. Setting specific and measurable objectives helps the District Council meet the overall aims of the Duty, which are to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between all persons
- Foster good relations between all persons
The Corporate Plan 2020 – 2024 is the key strategy from which the District Council's other strategies, plans and policies cascade. The priorities within the plan are determined through consultation with local people. There are 3 broad priority areas:
- People - Providing you with a high quality customer experience
- Place - Keeping the Derbyshire Dales clean, green and safe
- Prosperity - Supporting better homes and jobs for you
Our Equality Objectives for 2020 - 2022 are:
- Maintain high customer satisfaction about the quality of services we deliver
- Implement the Derbyshire Dales Climate Change Strategy and make improvements to the operational aspects of the Clean & Green services
- Promote housing development that meets the needs of the present and future population of the District
- Seek to attract investment that supports the local economy including the provision of jobs for younger people
- One team, working together as one Council with one purpose
Our Equality Plan reflects our objectives and details the actions we plan to take. See the The Equality Plan and progress on the actions.
In addition to setting these objectives, the District Council will continue to work towards eliminating discrimination, harassment and victimisation, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations across its functions as appropriate.