District and Town/Parish Council Elections - 4 May 2023
Elections for the Derbyshire Dales District Council and Parish and Town Councils across the District will take place on Thursday 4 May 2023. Full details of key dates, deadlines and notices will be published on this page.
From 4 May 2023 onwards, all voters are required to show photographic identification (photo ID) at polling stations before they are given a ballot paper. View the latest information on Voter ID
- Parish Notice of Election published on 21 March 2023
- District Notice of Election published 23 March 2023
- Nominations Open - 21 March 2023 (Parish) 23 March (District)
- Close of Nominations – 4pm on 4 April 2023
- Statement of Persons Nominated - 5 April 2023
- Deadline for Register applications – 17 April 2023
- Post-nomination briefing – 6pm on 18 April 2023
- Deadline for new postal votes – 5pm on 18 April 2023
- Notice of Poll published on or before 25 April 2023
- Last date to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate - 25 April 2023
Nominations for the Parish Council elections can be delivered to the Town Hall in Matlock daily from 21 March to 4 April - 10am to 4pm.
Nominations for the District Council elections can be delivered to the Town Hall in Matlock daily from 23 March to 4 April - 10am to 4pm.
To avoid queues to it recommended that candidates and agents book an appointment in advance. We can carry out an informal check of your nomination forms in advance on request. Please call the elections hotline if you would like us to carry out an informal check.
Only Parish and Town Council nominations can be delivered in person in Ashbourne and Bakewell on the following dates:
- Ashbourne Town Hall - 24 March - 10am to 12noon
- Bakewell Agricultural Business Centre - 24 March - 2pm to 4pm
- Bakewell Agricultural Business Centre - 27 March - 10am to 12 noon
- Ashbourne Town Hall- 27 March - 2pm to 4pm
District Council Nomination Papers must be delivered to the Town Hall in Matlock.
Nomination papers must be delivered in person they can not be accepted if posted or left on reception.
Download Parish Elections Nomination Pack
Download District Council Elections Nomination Pack
To find out more about nominations and the electoral process view a copy of the presentations given to Candidates and Agents.
Please find below links to copies of election notices:
View the Notice of Election for all Parish Councils in the District
View the Notice of Election for all District Council Wards
Counting for the May 2023 Elections will start at 10am on Friday 5th May. The results for each ward will be published throughout the day.
The results can be viewed using the following link:
View District Council Election Results
View the latest information on Voter ID
You can contact the elections team in the following ways:
By phone - 01629 761335 (Weekdays 9am to 5pm)
By email -
In Person - Town Hall, Matlock DE4 3NN (Weekdays 9am to 5pm)