The idea of the scheme is to let everyone know what information will be automatically, or routinely, published by us. The way that the Act does this is to require that the scheme specifies classes of information.
Our publication scheme is based on the model from the Information Commissioner without any deletions. As this is the case it is deemed to be approved by the Information Commissioner. We believe that openness enables our work and enables us to continue to achieve excellence through democratic accountability and the involvement of our communities, business partners and other stakeholders.
This publication scheme [PDF 98KB] commits us to make information available to the public as part of our normal business activities.
The scheme commits us:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by us and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by us and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information we make available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public
- To publish any dataset held by the authority that has been requested, and any updated versions it holds, unless the authority is satisfied that it is not appropriate to do so; to publish the dataset, where reasonably practicable, in an electronic form that is capable of re-use; and, if any information in the dataset is a relevant copyright work and the public authority is the only owner, to make the information available for re-use under a specified licence. The term 'dataset' is defined in section 11(5) of the Freedom of Information Act. The terms 'relevant copyright work' and 'specified licence' are defined in section 19(8) of that Act.
Classes of information
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews
How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority
The services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.