What is the Queen’s Green Canopy?
The Queen’s Green Canopy (QGC) is a unique tree planting initiative to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022 and which invites people from across the United Kingdom to “Plant a Tree for the Jubilee.”
In Derbyshire Dales, we encourage everyone from individuals, community groups, schools and local businesses to play their part in the celebrations by planting trees, from when the tree planting season begins (now), through to the end of the Jubilee celebrations in 2022. This is a great occasion for us to come together as a community to reduce our impact on climate change, protect and enhance the environment in our district for generations to come.
How to get involved:
- Individuals - plant trees on your own land.
If you don’t have a garden, why not join your local ‘In-Bloom’ groups or other community groups to help with their planting project.
- Local businesses
- Community groups
- Advice from the Queen’s Green Canopy
- What trees, where and when to plant them
- Planting on public land or organising a community planting event: register your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be happy to discuss your project further and advise you.
Source healthy trees and saplings
- Advice from the Queen's Green Canopy
- Apply for Woodland Trust Free Trees for schools and communities
- Local nurseries
Funding opportunities for community planting projects
Put your tree on the map
Donate a tree
Gift a tree to a deprived city area or school or give a memorial tree.