A brand new beer festival is coming to beautiful Bakewell on 22 and 23 June 2018.
The Cowshed Beer Festival at our Bakewell Agricultural Business Centre will showcase around 30 ales from within 30 miles of the popular market town, plus local ciders, a prosecco bar, food stalls and music.
We're open from 2pm to 10pm.
The deadline to buy cheaper £5 advanced tickets was midday on Thursday 21 June. The entry price includes a glass and beer tasting menu. The cost is £7 on the day.
Beers, food & entertainment
The local breweries attending and their beers are listed below, including main sponsors Peak Ales of Bakewell and here are the Tasting Notes [PDF 787KB]. The fantastic full list is:
Aldwark: Nostrum Amber Ale
Ashover Brewery: Littlemoor CITRA
Ashover Cider Company - sweet & dry
Aurora Ales: Mosaic
Barlow: Full Monty IPA
Bradfield: Farmers Blonde
Brampton: Brampton Best
Colly Fobble: Dunna Wittle
Dancing Duck: Ay Up
Derby Brewing Co: Business as Usual
Falstaff: 3 Faze
Fuggle Bunny: Jammy Dodger
Howard Town: Dark Peak
Intrepid: Extra Pale 5% NZ Hopped Pale
Lenton Lane: Vanguard
Little Critters: Nutty Ambassador
Peak Ales: Bakewell Best Bitter
Peak Ales: Chatsworth Gold
Peak Ales: IPA
Peak Ales: Summer Sovereign
RAW: Pacific Ghost IPA
Shiny Brewery: Happy People
Thornbridge: California Sun
Titanic: Plum Porter
Whim: Hartington Bitter
Wolds Farm: The Bitter End?
Entertainment on both days will be provided - appropriately for a 'Cowshed' event - by the Beat N Trax DJ Landrover!
Children are allowed at the afternoon sessions only - and we also welcome well behaved dogs on a lead.
Food stalls will include tornado potatoes, plus, from the fabulous Peak District Deli, expect to find:
- Beer braised barbecued pork, crackling & apple slaw in a brioche bun
- Slow cooked lamb shawarma with roasted red peppers & tzatziki in flatbread
- Various homemade summer cakes for those needing a sweet break in between the hops
The Cowshed Beer Festival is organised by Derbyshire Dales District Council and you can follow our Facebook page for all the latest information.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking & transport
There is plentiful parking at the event venue - the Agricultural Business Centre in Bakewell (parking charges).
Trent Barton's 6.1 service operates between Derby, Belper, Wirksworth, Matlock and Bakewell - view the timetable.
The Transpeak service runs every hour from Derby Bus Station, directly along the A6 to Bakewell and Buxton. Three times a day buses continue along the A6 to serve Manchester.
Terms & Conditions
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, sold, offered for sale, exchanged or returned.
- The Cow Shed Beer Festival staff may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all members of the public when entering the event or if there is any cause for suspicion.
- The Cow Shed Beer Festival staff reserve the right to search bags.
- Staff reserve the right to request identification from any person looking under the age of 25 when purchasing alcohol.
- The event welcomes well-behaved children to the day sessions, provided that they are accompanied by their parents or guardians at all times. The parents/guardians of any child found to be unsupervised, or misbehaving will be asked to leave the event along with their child/children.
- DDDC cannot offer exchanges or refunds for any tokens.
- DDDC cannot be held responsible for any tokens that are lost or stolen.
- Only food or drink bought at the event may be consumed on the premises.
- DDDC cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
- All adults present consent to being filmed/ photographed, images and recordings may be used to promote The Cow Shed Beer Festival and its activities in print, in the media and on websites.
- In the interests of public safety DDDC reserves the right to request attendees to leave the festival at any time for safety reasons.
- DDDC reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.
- DDDC reserves the right to change any information on this website at any time.
- We hold a zero tolerance policy for drunken or antisocial behavior.
- Alcohol is only permitted outside the main Cow Shed arena in the designated area.
- DDDC is not responsible for any loss damage or injury howsoever caused unless caused by the negligence of DDDC.
- Statutory rights are not affected
- All tickets purchased prior to the event are non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled due to unforeseen reasons.