Walking Football is one of the latest crazes in the football world. It is an activity that gives those a chance to get back into the sport they love.
As you've guessed Walking Football involves a lot of... well... walking. It carries all the same rules as every day football except you can't pick up too much speed. It provides a sociable, fun and safe environment for those looking to be a little more active in their spare time.
Guidelines for Sessions
- Players are encouraged to avoid sprinting, running or jogging while the ball is in play
- Anyone doing so is penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team
- If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities)
- It can be played indoors or outdoors
- Numbers per team are dependent on the number of participants at each session
- No pitch size/surface constraints - dependent on venue
Walking Football sessions are available across the Derbyshire Dales on the following days:
|Mon||Ashbourne Leisure Centre||11.30am-12.30pm|
|Tue||Winster Playing Fields||10.30am-11.30am|
|Wed||Arc Leisure Matlock||10.00am-11.00am|
|Thu||Baslow Multi-Use Games Area||10.00am-11.00am|
|Sat||Wirksworth Leisure Centre||11.00am-12.00pm|
If you are interested in joining in one of our current sessions or you'd like to set up your own walking football session with our help then please contact our Sports Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org