Legislation applicable to tourism accommodation

Legislation for Tourist Accommodation

If you run a tourism accommodation business of any kind (including self catering or campsite) you need to be aware of the legislation that applies to such businesses. 

Fortunately there is help in the form of Visit England's 'Pink Book Online' which is also available in printed format.   The book covers:

  • Licences and consents
  • Marketing
  • Guests
  • Food and Drink
  • Health and Safety
  • Staff
  • Business Management and Tax

To order a printed copy email feedback@visitengland.org.  Members of VisitEngland's National Quality Assessment Scheme for accommodation receive a copy free as one of the benefits of membership. 


Business Advice

Visit England's online Business Advice Hub is a valuable resource for tourism operators big and small - offering tools, guides, information, features and advice to help you and your business thrive.

How to comply with the rules on planning, food safety, health & safety and employment