ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS GRANT (ARG) – CALL 2
This discretionary grant scheme has been set up to support eligible small and micro-businesses with ongoing fixed costs which:
- were legally required to close between 5 November and 2 December 2020 and for subsequent periods due to national lockdown/tier restrictions – see the full list here– but are not registered for business rates
- were not legally required to close but have been severely impacted by a reduction in trade as a direct result of national lockdowns/tier restrictions i.e. can demonstrate a reduction in turnover of 30% or more
The second call for the ARG discretionary grant scheme widens the eligibility criteria to include other businesses identified as being directly affected by Covid restrictions since the first call for applications in November 2020. The grant is intended to fill gaps within the current Government Covid related schemes and support businesses with high ongoing fixed costs. To note ARG is not available to businesses eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant. State Aid rules also apply. Before making an application, businesses are strongly advised to read the detailed guidance.
As set out within the guidance five business categories have been identified for support. Categories A to D should complete the Covid registration form and apply to ARG2 using the link they receive.
For businesses on the ratings list (not required to close) you will need your 8 digit Ratings Reference number (starting with a 7) found on your business rates statement; for businesses renting premises you will need a copy of your rental agreement and a recent rent invoice; self-catering businesses with accommodation qualifying as a Furnished Holiday Let (only FHLs are eligible) should provide a copy of their latest full HMRC tax return including SA105; B&Bs (only premises registered as a food business with DDDC Environmental Health are eligible) must upload their last annual accounts or HMRC tax return; similarly eligible mobile businesses should also upload their last annual accounts or HMRC tax return.
Businesses not legally required to close will need to provide evidence demonstrating a reduction in turnover of at least 30% due to COVID restrictions e.g. in the form of sales ledger information (or bank statements if you cannot supply specific sales ledger information) or monthly management accounts to evidence the impact of COVID restrictions (evidence requirements are set out in the ARG2 application form)
All businesses must provide a bank statement covering the period 5th October 2020 to 4th January 2021 showing business transactions.
Please note the processing of applications and grant payments may take up to 20 working days.
Businesses in Category E i.e. businesses not legally required to close but severely impacted by a reduction in footfall due to Covid restrictions INCLUDING LICENCED TAXI DRIVERS AND REGULAR MARKET TRADERS DEALING IN ESSENTIAL GOODS specifically:
- licenced taxi drivers with driver and vehicle licences held with Derbyshire Dales District Council
- regular market traders i.e. trading most days of the week from stall markets or an established unit - either based in the Derbyshire Dales or paying a regular rent on a stall at a recognised market within the District Council’s administrative boundary which are able to trade in essential goods but have been severely impacted by a reduction in trade due to COVID restrictions.
Eligible applicants are required to declare that: they were actively trading prior to the introduction of national restrictions and continue to trade; their turnover is down by 30% or more as a direct result of COVID; the business is their primary source of income; and they have not received COVID grant support from another local authority. Before applying, applicants are encouraged to read the full ARG Guidance.
Grant awards will be based on the information submitted and declarations made by businesses within their application. Information provided may be subject to verification checks by the District Council’s Auditor.
Please provide all of the information required. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
List of Businesses Required to Close Under Second National Lockdown – 5th November – 2nd December 2020Non Essential Retail:
- Clothing and tailors
- Homeware stores
- Tobacco and vape shop
- Electronic goods and mobile phone shop
- Charity shop
- Photography studios /art shops/antique stores
- Car and vehicle showroom
- Car wash
- Auction house
- Members club
- Social club
- Bed and breakfast
- Self catering accommodation
- Caravan site
- Hair, Beauty Nail Salon
- Tattoo Parlour
- Body Piercing Centre
- Massage centre
- Tanning salon
- Mobile provision – hair and beauty and other personal care services
- Nightclub, dance hall, discotheques
- Bingo Hall, casino, betting shop, amusement arcade, adult gaming centre
- Bowling alley
- Indoor games, recreation and entertainment venues (eg escape rooms laser quest, go karting)
- Sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls, other music venues
- Theme parks, adventure playgrounds
- Wildlife centres and any place where animals are exhibited to the public as an attraction
- Indoor attraction at a historic or stately home or other heritage site
- Conference centre, exhibition hall
- Skating rink
- Dance and fitness studios
- Sports courts
- Swimming pool
- Golf course/driving range/shooting and archery venues
- Indoor play centre including soft play centres and trampolining centre
- Community Hall used for leisure/community purposes
- Place of worship used for leisure/entertainment/community purposes