There are a number of outdoor parks and open spaces in Derbyshire Dales that are available for hire for a variety of outdoor events from small community events to big country shows.
Some of the areas you can hold your event
- Ashbourne Recreation Ground
- Bakewell Recreation Ground
- Bath Gardens, Bakewell
- Derwent Gardens & Lovers' Walks, Matlock Bath
- Hall Leys Park, Matlock
- High Tor & Pic Tor
- Brickyard Cottages, Ashbourne
- Highfield Road Recreation Ground, Ashbourne
- Shrovetide Walk, Ashbourne
- Smedley Street Park, Matlock
- Cavendish Road Recreation Ground, Matlock
- Hurst Farm Recreation Ground, Matlock
- Bonsall Recreation Ground
- Middleton Recreation Ground
- Kingsfield Memorial Ground, Wirksworth
- Yokecliffe Park, Wirksworth
- The Dale Play Area, Wirksworth
- Fanny Shaw Grounds, Wirksworth
- Bolehill Recreation Ground near Wirksworth
- Tansley Recreation Ground
- Starkholmes Recreation Ground
- Northwood Recreation Ground, Darley Dale
- Broadwalk Recreation Ground, Darley Dale
- The Dimple Grounds, Matlock
Our Events Team will be happy to help you with guidance and advice along the way.
In the first instance please read the Guidance Notes and complete the Provisional Enquiry Form.
To help you along the way, the Government's 'can do' guide to organising community events can be a valuable resource.
Other helpful advice and forms you may need:
- Event Strategy [PDF 936KB]
- Provisional Enquiry Form [PDF 353KB]
- Enquiry Form Filming [PDF 240KB]
- Event Management Plan [PDF 412KB]
- Environmental Health [PDF 200KB]
- Licensing [PDF 218KB]
- Environmental Services [PDF 208KB]
- Temporary Road Closures [PDF 188KB]
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Food Stall Application Form [PDF 283KB]
- Inflatable Play Equipment [PDF 181KB]
- Guidance Notes [PDF 328KB]
Temporary Event Notice
If you're organising a temporary event and want to serve or sell alcohol, provide late night refreshment, or put on regulated entertainment, you'll need to complete a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).
The Temporary Event Notice is required at least 10 working days before an event.
Publicise your event
To publicise your event on the region’s visitor website www.visitpeakdistrict.com please complete the online form
If you would like any more information or would like to speak to someone about your event, please contact us at