Help & advice

Your Benefit Section works very closely with several local bodies to ensure that you get prompt and accurate advice. These include: 

Mid-Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau (based in the Town Hall)

The Citizens Advice Bureau provides a free, confidential and independent advice service. They have offices in Matlock and outreach sessions in Ashbourne and Bakewell:

Derbyshire County Council Welfare Benefits Information and Advice Team

The team offers comprehensive advice about a range of entitlements:

Floating Support Services

Floating support services help people to find and maintain accommodation, including applying for benefits and developing independent living skills.

Derbyshire Directions

Derbyshire Directions supports adults aged 25 and over in South Derbyshire Dales who are at risk of homelessness. They provide a floating support service that aims to reduce the risk of homelessness by providing support to individuals in maintaining their tenancy by gaining the skills to live as independently as possible.

Adullam Housing Support

Adullam support adults (aged 18+) who are vulnerable, homeless or in private tenancies with all tenancy/benefit issues; vulnerable young people aged 16-19 with all housing and tenancy issues and young people under 25 with accommodation and floating support. Adullam also facilitate a Bond Scheme to help people access private rented accommodation.

SAFE housing and support

SAFE provide housing support for young people aged between 16 and 25 and who are homeless or are at risk of losing their home.

  • Phone: 0800 055 6184.

Other places to get help

You can also get free impartial and confidential advice on a range of money issues from:

The Money Advice Service

The National Debtline

A helpline that provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.

Step Change

A debt charity