English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

Disabled relief

If you, or someone who lives with you, need a room, or an extra bathroom or kitchen in your property to meet special needs arising from a disability, or you need to use a wheelchair in your property then you may be entitled to a reduced Council Tax bill.
The bill may be reduced to that of a dwelling in the band immediately below the band shown on the valuation list (if the dwelling is in Band A, the reduced charge is calculated as five ninths of a Band D charge).

These reductions ensure that disabled people do not pay more Council Tax on account of space needed because of a disability.

Further information is available from the Revenues Section (Telephone 01629 761222).

Revenues Services

Town Hall, Bank Road
Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3NN
01629 761 222
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.