The District Council has introduced a free accreditation scheme for private rented property. We work with Adullam Housing Association and High Peak Borough Council to promote the scheme across Derbyshire Dales and High Peak.
Accreditation provides a set of standards relating to the management and the physical condition of privately rented accommodation.
Properties are accredited when these standards are met. Landlords are invited to put their properties forward to join the Scheme and to agree to abide by the Scheme standards.
- To encourage improvements in the quality of privately rented accommodation
- To recognize good quality accommodation and good management and to provide incentives for participation in the Scheme
- Involve landlords in the development of the Scheme to ensure that fair and reasonable standards are set
- To encourage prospective tenants to identify accredited properties
- To encourage landlords with properties below the standard to make improvements.
How to apply
All application forms are available from the High Peak and Derbyshire Dales Accreditation Scheme webpage. Please return completed forms to the address below.
Please get in touch with us if you wish to discuss accrediting your property.