A Temporary Road Closure Order is needed for any event which may stop the flow of traffic on the public highway within the Derbyshire Dales, for example carnivals, parades, etc. The orders are made by the District Council following consultation with Derbyshire County Council and the emergency services.
Before applying for a temporary road closure you must consult in writing with the residents and businesses on the road to be closed to make sure they support the temporary road closure. The letter/flyer must set out the contact details of a representative where comments can be made so that any objections can be resolved. You must provide to the Council with your application form for a temporary road closure the following documents:
- a copy of your letter/flyer sent to the persons consulted
- any received comments, objections or further correspondence
- a list of the property addresses which have been consulted.
Please also be aware that written confirmation needs to be submitted to the Council even if there are no properties to consult with. If these documents are not submitted with the application form, this will delay your application which must be presented to the Council three months before the date of the event.
Applications need to be submitted at least three calendar months before the date of the event and accompanied by a detailed plan (in black and white only) showing the length of road to be closed and the diversion route. Payment can be made online or by card via our payments line on 01629 761166.
|Events where there is a charge for participation or for spectators||£63.50|
|Events that primarily benefit businesses or other commercial organisations||£63.50|
|Carnivals/fetes or any other events that raise funds through collections/donations||£22.95|
|Remembrance/well dressing or other commemorative parades||£0|
- Submit the application form at least 3 months before your event
- Ensure that the appropriate fee is enclosed
- Ensure that you have complied with the conditions above
- Tell you if there are any objections in order to give you the opportunity to resolve them
- Make a Temporary Road Closure Order, if there are no objections, or if any objections have been resolved
- Send you copies of the formal Notice of Closure to be displayed in conspicuous places along the closed section of road