Covid-19 and Guidance for Retail Food Businesses
Covid-19 infection is very contagious and can spread person to person in air and by a person touching a contaminated surface. As a business you can take the following practical steps to minimise the risks to yourself, your staff and customers from becoming ill.
- Social Distancing - keeping a 2m distance between people should reduce the risk of passing the virus from an infected person to another person. There are a number of ways this can be achieved – read more
- Personal Hygiene, Hand Washing and Protecting Staff - it is important that staff can wash their hands easily and effectively with adequate facilities especially after coughing, sneezing or blowing their nose. Staff should wear clean clothing which is changed daily – read more
- Managing Your Procedures - document your procedures so staff are clear about how you intend to operate. Checks should ensure your in-store notices/posters and separation markers are in place and you have adequate facilities for staff hand washing and protective equipment (PPE) is available – read more
- Business Daily Checklist – example of business opening and operating checklist to ensure hand washing and hygiene standards are met, social distancing precautions are in place – read more
- Examples of Retail Outlet Advice Posters – read more
- Food Safety Guidance for Home Deliveries – read more
- Food Safety for Community Cooking and Food Banks – read more
- Water Safety - Ensuring water quality is maintained when a building water supply has remained unused – read more.
Additional Information Sources
Contact us - in the event of further queries please contact the Commercial Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledging information from various sources including East Lindsey District Council