All legal requirement to control Covid -19 have been removed, as we learn to live with the virus. There are still steps you can take to protect yourself and others:
- Let fresh air in if you are meeting indoors – meeting outdoors is safer
- Consider wearing a face covering in more crowded setting
- If you haven’t already, get vaccinated.
Coronavirus spreads through the air, you can catch it if someone with the virus coughs or breathes on you. The virus can build up in badly ventilated areas, this increases the risk of infection, and Good ventilation is one of the best ways to fight Covid-19. This video will explain more.
The Health and Safety Executive website can provide further information on the ways to control the virus in the workplace, including a self-assessment tool available at www.hse.gov.uk
The key issues to consider in the workplace are:
- Face coverings and face masks
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Talking with workers to support them with any concerns
- Managing work-related stress
- Risk assessment
Further details on the above issues to consider is available on the Health and Safety Executive website.