Report a missed collection
If you have followed the guidance below and your waste/recycling was not collected on the expected day of collection, please complete our online reporting form. Please report all missed collections within two working days of the scheduled collection.
If your bin or container has been genuinely missed, a report will be sent to Serco and they will send a vehicle as soon as possible.
Why was my container/bin not collected?
There are a number of reasons why your container/bin has not been emptied including:
- Is today your collection day? Please check your collection day by visiting our "When is my collection" page.
- Have you put out the correct container?
- Was your container put out for collection by 7am at the edge of your property?
- Have you put the correct materials in your container?
- Is the bin overloaded or the lid up?
- Have you put additional household waste at the side of your bin?
- Has the waste in your bin been compacted?
Sticker/tag placed on container/bin
If we think there's a problem with your bin or container, our crews will place a sticker or a tag on them explaining why. If your bin or container is contaminated, the wrong materials will need to be removed and placed in the correct container.
If your bin is overloaded you must remove some of the content before the bin can be emptied. Why? Because there's a risk the bin could split when lifted or slip off the lift. There is also a risk our crews could be injured when trying to move it.
If you have put extra bags of waste at the side of your bin our crews will empty the bin and place the extra bags back into your bin. We, do not collect side waste - only waste inside your bin will be taken.
If your bin has not been emptied because waste has been squashed down and become stuck in the bottom, our crews will not attempt to loosen it by hand. Please loosen the waste using a broom handle and take care not to compact your waste in future. Once loosened, this waste should be left in your bin until your next collection or disposed of at a household waste recycling centre.