The Public Health Act 1925: Sections 17 & 18
Please complete this form if you have:
- Existing property being split to produce more properties
- Existing properties being merged into one property
Step 1 - Complete the online form below and submit with the following documents:
- Site location plan
- Site layout plan
- Make payment online or by calling the payments line on 01629 761166 to pay by credit/debit card.
Step 2 - Once application received, the District Council will:
- Check that the appropriate permissions are in place
- Check the numbering sequence on the existing street
- Allocate new postal address(es) as appropriate
- If house name(s) are suggested, check to ensure that the proposed name(s) are not already in use in the local area
- Consult with the Royal Mail to ensure they do not have any objections and request a postcode(s)
Once agreement has been reached on the new postal address(es), with the allocated postcode(s), the District Council will:
- Update our address database
- Notify relevant parties informing of the old property address(es) and the new approved address(es)
- Send a letter of confirmation of Postal Address(es) to the applicant
- The allocation of a property name is permitted where a numbering scheme is in place. This is under the condition that the name would be in addition to the existing property number and not a replacement. The property number should always be displayed on the property and quoted as part of the address in all correspondence. It is advisable, when considering a name for a property, to contact the District Council to determine whether the proposed name is already in use in the local area as duplicating an existing property name may lead to confusion to service delivery agents.
- PLEASE NOTE : The Royal Mail will only hold a name for a property where there is no numbering scheme in place. If a property is named and numbered, the name of the property will only be held as an “Alias”.
- If amendments are received to an application once the Street Naming & Numbering process has commenced, the District Council will request a resubmission of the full scheme and this will incur a new full application cost.
The District Council can be contacted on 01629 761168 or by email on email@example.com