We are experiencing problems with phone payments. For help please call 01629 761166

Council Tax support

You can apply for a reduction of the Council Tax that you pay on the home you occupy as your 'normal address' by contacting the Council's Benefit Section and completing either a paper form or an on-line electronic claim form.

Council Tax Support (or CTS) is a means tested, income related entitlement with your award 'being credited' to the relevant council tax bill to reduce the payments of council tax expected from you. The amount of CTS you are entitled to will appear printed on the bill you receive.

Download the full text of our Council Tax reduction scheme, often referred to as Council Tax Support.

A-Z of services