- Tuesday, 09 October 2012 14:25
The first Police and Crime Commissioner Elections take place on Thursday 15 November 2012 and residents are being urged to consider applying for a postal vote to avoid a journey to a polling station at a time when there will be shorter daylight hours and possibly poor weather.
The deadline for receiving applications for postal votes is 5pm on 31 October 2012.
Derbyshire Police Area Returning Officer Peter Carney said:
"Holding elections during winter months could have its challenges, so postal voting is a very convenient way of making sure that you do not lose your vote, particularly for those people who are too busy to get to a polling station or if bad weather could prevent them from attending."
Visit our postal voting webpage for more information.
If you live in another part of Derbyshire, council contacts are:
- Amber Valley Borough Council - 01773 841634 or email email@example.com
- Bolsover District Council - 01246 242528 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chesterfield Borough Council - 01246 345402 or email email@example.com
- Derby City Council - 01332 287288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erewash Borough Council - 0115 9071190 or email email@example.com
- High Peak Borough Council - 0845 129 777 (ext. 2133) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East Derbyshire District Council - 01246 217068 or 217069 or email email@example.com
- South Derbyshire District Council - 01283 595723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org