The Area Community Forums are an opportunity for members of the public, representatives from community groups and the voluntary & business sector to meet with officers and Councillors from the District Council and partner organisations such as the Peak District National Park Authority.
The Forums are held twice a year in three different public venues each time. The format is usually for a couple of presentations on current topics or consultations as well as regular agenda items including a ‘You Said, We Did’ feedback session and ‘Good News’ presented by the District Council’s Chief Executive. There is always opportunity to make comments, raise queries and ask questions on the presentations as well as at the popular Question Time session.
The Forums usually last about one and half to two hours – everyone is welcome to attend and whilst we enjoy seeing our regulars, we also look forward to some new faces.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01629 761302
January / February 2018
- Tuesday 30 January 2018, 7 pm – Town Hall, Matlock, DE4 3NN
- Wednesday 7 February 2018, 7 pm – Henmore Suite, McMurtry & Harding veterinary practice, Clifton Road, Ashbourne, DE6 2DH
- Wednesday 14 February 2018, 7 pm – Agricultural Business Centre, Bakewell, DE45 1AH
Agenda items will include the Standard Items:-
- Good News
- Question Time
There will also be:-
- An update on the Council’s financial position and a chance to have your say on our spending proposals for 2018/19
- An opportunity to find out how safe your community is, and what we are doing to help it make it safer, and how you can get involved to keep it safe
The Central Forum at Matlock will also include:-
- An introduction to the Hurst Farm Regeneration Project and the progress made since the award of Government funding in September 2017
- Fire Authority – consultation on proposed new rota system at Matlock Fire Station
October / November 2017 Forums
Forums took place in October and November.
Watch the video
February 2017 Forums
The February round of Area Community Forums were staged by the District Council in Darley Dale, Hulland Ward and Ashford-in-the-Water and featured an update on Council Tax and savings - and what the District Council’s share of local Council Tax was likely to be from April.
A busy agenda also included an update on the process to outsource the running of the District Council's four leisure centres as a package to a management operator, together with a bus service update from Derbyshire County Council.
Notes from February forums:
Annual Report, May 2017
Annual Report [PDF 100KB]