Area Community Forums
Dates have not been finalised yet for the next round of Forums, but these are likely to be in Autumn 2017.
The February round of Area Community Forums were staged by the District Council in Darley Dale, Hulland Ward and Ashford-in-the-Water and featured an update on Council Tax and savings - and what the District Council’s share of local Council Tax was likely to be from April.
A busy agenda also included an update on the process to outsource the running of the District Council's four leisure centres as a package to a management operator, together with a bus service update from Derbyshire County Council.
The Forums provide an opportunity for residents informally to meet representatives of the District Council and other organisations.
A Question Time session enables audience members to ask questions and make comments and suggestions to the various representatives from participating authorities.
- For further details or to be added to our added to our mailing list ring 01629 761302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Community Forums
Area Community Forums took place in October & November 2016 in Wirksworth, Parwich & Eyam.
Topics for discussion included:-
- Emma Simpson, of Rural Action Derbyshire, talking about the launch of a new LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) service and promoting smart meters to vulnerable (rural, off-gas) households in Derbyshire
- ‘You Said – We Did’ feedback session
- A Good News briefing from Chief Executive Dorcas Bunton
- An ‘Efficiencies’ workshop session
- An update on recycling issues
- The popular Question & Answer session
For further information or to be added to our mailing list ring 01629 761302 or email email@example.com
View the presentations
View the notes from the July / August 2016 Forums.
View our news release about the topics up for discussion, including tips on how to access funding for community projects.
February 2016 Forums
Area Community Forums took place in February 2016:
Topics for discussion included the District Council’s spending plans and there were updates by Digital Derbyshire & BT regarding the roll-out of fibre optic in the Derbyshire Dales. All of our forums also feature a popular Question Time session.
February 2016 presentations
View the notes from the February Forums
What are the Forums?
The Forums provide an opportunity for residents to meet representatives of the District Council and other organisations, to ask questions and air views.
You can access the notes from our previous Forums below:
- Central Forum - 2 November 2015 [137 KB]
- Southern Forum - 20 October 2015 [137 KB]
- Northern Forum - 14 October 2015 [113 KB]
- Northern Forum - 28 July 2015 [314 KB]
- Central Forum - 21 July 2015
- Southern Forum - 7 July 2015
- Northern Forum - 16 February 2015 [PDF 0.23MB]
- Central Forum - 9 February 2015 [PDF 0.23MB]
- Southern Forum - 2 February 2015 [PDF 0.22MB]