Document: Download the Equality, Consultation and Engagement Plan 2016-2017 [PDF 0.34 mb]
Fairness and equality is a core value of Derbyshire Dales District Council. The District Council's commitment to promoting equality as a public service provider and employer is set out in its Equality & Diversity Policy [PDF 0.2MB].
This Equality Plan sets out the main things the District Council is doing to meet this commitment, its responsibilities under the public sector Equality Duty and to embed consideration of equalities in everything it does. Drawing together the District Council's work on equalities, the plan includes:
- how the Council takes account of equalities issues in the decisions it takes
- an overview of the Derbyshire Dales community
- the Council's equality objectives and the steps it is taking to achieve them
- equality performance indicators used by the Council to monitor its progress
- equality improvement actions for the year ahead