View our Bank Holiday arrangements, including leisure centre opening times

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

Public register

Public Registers

Paper copies of the following registers can be viewed by arrangement – please telephone the Business Support Team (Environmental Health), 01629 761212.

Food Businesses Register

Registered food businesses in Derbyshire Dales. Photocopying of register per entry £3.90 inclusive of VAT; whole register £958.95 inclusive of VAT.

Industrial Processes Register Part 1

All industrial processes permitted under Part 1 of the Pollution, Prevention & Control Act 1999.

Industrial Processes Register - Parts A2 and B

Industrial processes permitted under Parts B & A2 of Pollution, Prevention & Control Act 1999.

Cooling Tower Register

Registered cooling towers under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.

Improvement and Prohibition Notices section 3.

Caravan Site Register

Caravan sites licensed under the Caravan Sites & Control of Development Act 1960, section 25.

Houses in Multiple Occupation Register

Licensed Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) under Housing Act 2004, Section 232.

Stray Dogs Register

Stray dogs (lost and found) in Derbyshire Dales under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, section 149(8).

Alcohol, Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment

The following public registers are not live-time. The registers are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and are updated on a regular basis. To view the register you will need to have Acrobat Reader installed. A reader can be downloaded free from the Adobe website (Full instructions for downloading the reader are provided on the site). Those with visual impairments may wish to investigate Access Adobe, which provides tools and information to help make PDF documents more accessible). Please note that some of the registers are more than 1MB in size, and could take some time to download.

If the information you require does not appear in the register, please contact the Council's Licensing Team for assistance by telephone 01629 761313 or by email to

The public registers can also be viewed at the District Council offices at the Town Hall in Matlock, on request.  The offices are open to the public Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Copies of the register can be provided - a reasonable fee will be charged.

Personal Licences Register [PDF 486 KB]  upto 2014.

Personal Licences Register from 2014 to 2017 [PDF 291 KB].

This Register contains details of Personal Licences issued to individuals to supply, or to authorise the supply of alcohol under this Act.

Premises Licence, Club Premises Certificate and Temporary Event Notices Register:

This Register contains details of Premises Licences and Temporary Event Notices (authorising where appropriate the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshments), Club Premises Certificates and Temporary Event Notices issued to clubs (authorising the supply of alcohol to club members and the sale of alcohol to guests) and issued under this Act.

The register shows current information only. Where a premises licence has been changed as a result of a variation then only the current changed licence will be available to view, not the original licence.

TENS – are shown for events that have happened and for events which are going to happen.

The date of application shows the date of the original application, the date granted shows the date the licence was last altered.

The following application information is not shown: Minor variations, change of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), transfers, interim authority and notification of interest in premises. A hard copy of the Licensing Register containing all this information is available at the District Council's Licensing Office at the Town Hall, Matlock during normal working hours.

Premise Licence, Club Premises Certificate and Temporary Event Notices Register

A-F [PDF 11.4MB] G-M [PDF 8.21MB] N-U [PDF 9.68MB] V-Z [PDF 2.95MB]

Register for applications received for new/variations to Premises Licences

Premises Details

Date Application Received

Deadline for making representation


An application for a new Club Premises Certificate has been made by Youlgrave Crown Green Bowling Club in respect of their Club House at the following address: Bowls Pavilion, Youlgrave Playing Fields, Alport Lane, Youlgrave, Bakewell, DE45 1WN.

The application seeks to permit:

Youlgrave Crown Green Bowling club to supply/sell alcohol to members of the club and on a restricted number of times to the families of paid up members and visiting players on match and competition days held at Youlgrave Crown Green Bowling Club.

The Bowling Green is open from 1st March to 30th September and closed 1st October to 28th (29th) February every year.

The full application is available to download here. [512KB]


1st April 2017





28th April 2017





Application has been made by Thornbridge Hall Country House Brewing Company Ltd to the Licensing Authority of Derbyshire Dales District Council for a Premises Licence for The Showground at Bakewell, Derbyshire. The application includes the following terms:-

1. To permit licensable activities for one event per year to take place over one long weekend Friday – Sunday every year in between 1st June and 1st September.

2. At the event to enable the sale of alcohol between 11.00 and 23.00 Friday – Sunday.

3. To permit Live music in a marquee between the hours of 10.00 and 21.30 each day of the event. Recorded music between the hours of 11.00 and 23.00 on each day of the event all subject to Environmental Health Officer guidance.

The application is available to download here [728kb]


 14th April 2017  11th May 2017
Application has been made by McDonald’s Restaurants Limited for a Premises Licence at 43 Bakewell Road, Matlock, DE4 3AU, to permit Late Night Refreshment Monday to Saturday between the hours of 23:00 and Midnight.


19th April 2017 16th May 2017

Any persons affected by the application (eg residents/local businesses) wishing to make Representations can do so by letter or by email addressed to the Licensing Manager.  Emailed representations must contain sender's full postal address and a contact telephone number in case of query.

A representation is a way of objecting to or supporting a particular application. Details of the closing date for representations are shown for each application in the registers above.

The District Council will accept representations from any persons affected by an application for new premises licences or club premises certificates, or variations to existing premises licences or club premises certificates. 

Representations must be 'relevant' (as defined in the Licensing Act 2003) - Government Guidance on making representations can be viewed here.

Representations can also be made in respect of applications for a Review of a premises licence or a club premises certificate.  Government Guidance on making representations can be viewed here.

You must provide your full name, address details, and daytime contact telephone number, in your representation which can be submitted by post or by email.

Representations can be sent by post to:

Licensing Manager, Regulatory Services, Town Hall, MATLOCK, Derbyshire, DE4 3NN.

 or by email to:

[Please note that only the Police and the District Council's Principal Officer (Environmental Health) are permitted to make representations in respect of Temporary Event Notices (TENs), so these Notifications are not advertised on this webpage].

Scrap Metal Dealers Register

Scrap metal dealers registered in Derbyshire Dales.  This register is maintained by the Environment Agency


For details of Hackney Carriages (taxis), Private Hire Vehicles (mini-cabs, pre-booked), PHV Operators and drivers licensed in the Derbyshire Dales contact the Licensing Team.


Town Hall, Bank Road
Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3NN
01629 761313
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.