Consultation 15th June - 27th July 2018
Following the adoption of the Derbyshire Dales District Council Local Plan 2017, a draft Derbyshire Dales Landscape Character and Design Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) has been produced. You can see the document here. This is an update of the previously adopted 2007 Landscape Character and Design SPD.
We would like your comments on the draft, please follow the link to an online survey here.
If you have any questions please contact Planning Policy on 01629 761240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Landscape and Design Supplementary Planning Document
The Drat Landscape Character and Design SPD aims:
- To protect and enhance the character, appearance and features important in the landscape.
- To provide detailed guidance on landscape issues to be considered as part of any proposal
- To illustrate and encourage good practice
- To encourage an integrated approach to development which includes comprehensive consideration of landscape issues
- To help developers in their submission of planning applications.
The SPD is divided into short sections each of which is concerned with a specific issue, it is unlikely that all of the issues will apply to all development sites. Local Plan policies that are relevant to landscape and deisgn are found throughout the Local Plan.
The SPD aims to complement policies the Adopted Derbyshire Dales Local Plan by providing detailed guidance on how new development can meet the aims and objectives of policies. It will also raise awareness of the design issues related to landscape character and provide an important reference point for developers on design standards ensuring that future development protects or enhances the character and local distinctiveness of the landscape.
The key sections are:
- Legislation and Planning Policy
- Landscape Character
- Landscape Designations
- Protected Trees
- Hedgerows and the Hedgerow Regulations
- Landscape Design and Development Sites
- Landscape and Visual Impact assessment
- Development Sites with Trees
- Boundaries including Walls, Hedges and Fences
- Domestic Curtilages
- Planting in the Dark Peak
- Planting in the White Peak
- Planting in the Derbyshire Peak Fringe and Lower Derwent
- Planting in the Needwood and
- South Derbyshire Claylands
- Planting in the Trent Valley Washlands
Key documents 2018
- Draft Landscape Character and Design Supplementary Planning Document Consultation [PDF 2.6MB]
- Draft Landscape and Design SPD Consultation Statement 8th June 2018 [PDF 105KB]
- Community and Environment Committee 7th June 2018 Agenda Item 7 [weblink]
- Link to the online survey
- Press release 12-06-18 [PDF 89KB]
Landscape and Design SPD 2007 Documents
- Landscape Character and Design Supplementary Planning Document 2007 [PDF 2879KB]
- Landscape Character and Design Scoping Report [PDF 1561KB]
- Landscape Character and Design Sustainability Appraisal [PDF 403KB]
- Landscape Character and Design Representation Schedule [PDF 226KB]
- Landscape Character Derbyshire Dales [PDF 4196KB]
- Landscape Character Plan [PDF 3992KB]