We received an area application from Darley Dale Town Council under section 61G of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (As amended by the Localism Act 2011) which sought the designation of the whole of the Parish of Darley Dale as a Neighbourhood Area.
Following the completion of the six weeks consultation period, the application for designation of the area as a Neighbourhood Area was approved under the District Council's Scheme of Officer Delegation on 18 August 2014.
Copies of the plan showing the designated area can be viewed at the following locations during normal office hours:
- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Bank Road, Matlock DE4 3NN
- Matlock Library, Steep Turnpike, Matlock,Derbyshire, DE4 3DP
- Arc Leisure Matlock, Bakewell Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3AZ
- Whitworth Centre Reception
In accordance with European Directive 2001/42/EC and the associated Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 the District Council has recently undertaken a screening report on the emerging Darley Dale Neighbourhood Plan to determine whether it requires a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) to be carried out. A copy of the ‘Darley Dale Neighbourhood Plan – Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report (January 2017)’ is available to view here.
- Darley Dale Town Council Application [PDF 0.9MB]
- Darley Dale Map Neighbourhood Plan Proposed Area [PDF 2.89MB]