Apologies but we are currently experiencing technical issues with the Touch Tone automatic telephone payment line. The system is unable to retrieve balances on accounts. However, payments can still be made without this functionality. The problem will be rectified as soon as possible.

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

Building regulations

Most work in the home requires Building Regulation approval this includes:


  • New build projects
  • Extensions
  • Garage conversions
  • Loft conversions
  • Cellar conversions
  • Structural alterations
  • Alterations to drainage
  • New or replacement windows
  • Electrical work (can be done on the competent persons scheme)
  • Replacement roof covering
  • Some garages
  • Some conservatories


Most commercial work requires approval including:

  • Any alterations to means of escape
  • Changes of use
  • Any new build project or extension
  • Shop fronts

For further information on what requires building regulations please visit the Planning Portal website or contact our office.

Building Control

Town Hall, Bank Road
Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3NN
01629 761 321
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.