National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
An intensive course giving you the opportunity to qualify as a pool lifeguard, the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would allow you to work anywhere in the United Kingdom with a pool.
Please contact the centre of your preferred course for further information and to book a course.
We now offer the Defibrillator Operator qualification with all lifeguard courses. Please ask at your local leisure centre for more details.
There are no upcoming courses planned. Please check back for updates.
Lifeguard Course now includes Defibrillator certificate.
All candidates must be aged 16+ before the start date of the course. They must also be able to meet the following criteria for acceptance on the course (you must also pass a pre-course assessment)
- Jump into deep water
- Swim 50 metres (2 ½ lengths) in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- Swim 20 metres (legs only) on back whilst holding a brick
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the bottom of the pool
- Climb out of the pool without using steps.