National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
An intensive course giving you the opportunity to qualify as a pool lifeguard, the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would allow you to work anywhere in the United Kingdom with a pool.
Please contact the centre of your preferred course for further information and to book a course.
We now offer the Defibrillator Operator qualification with all lifeguard courses for an extra £50 per candidate. Please ask at your local leisure centre for more details.
|Venue||Date & Time||Cost|
|Arc Leisure Matlock||Sunday 16 Feb - Friday 21 Feb
0830 - 1700 approx.
|£230.00 includes £50
Lifeguard Course now includes Defibrillator certificate.
All candidates must be aged 16+ before the start date of the course. They must also be able to meet the following criteria for acceptance on the course (you must also pass a pre-course assessment)
- Jump into deep water
- Swim 50 metres (2 ½ lengths) in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- Swim 20 metres (legs only) on back whilst holding a brick
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the bottom of the pool
- Climb out of the pool without using steps.