Easter arrangements| Our Easter opening times and bin collection arrangements are available for viewing.

Council Tax

Council Tax is a locally set tax that is charged on domestic properties which helps to pay for the services provided by all the local authorities in your area. These include Derbyshire Dales District Council, Derbyshire County Council, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Authority and the Town or Parish Council where you live.

Derbyshire Dales District Council needs income to provide services to the community including refuse collection, housing, leisure facilities, planning and development services and environmental services.

There are rules for who is liable to pay the Council Tax. In general, where a dwelling is occupied, the owners (if it is owner/occupied) or tenants (if it is rented) will be liable, provided they are aged 18 or over. Only persons aged 18 or over are classed as residents of a dwelling.

Most dwellings are subject to Council Tax. There is one bill per dwelling, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented. Each dwelling has been allocated to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1st April 1991.

Read more

Council Tax charges

The document below contains the individual Council Tax charges for each valuation band and parish in the Derbyshire Dale...
Placeholder thumbnail

How are properties banded?

We do not set the bands for council tax and do not value properties for council tax. The bands are set by central govern...

Council tax

Council Tax is a locally set tax that is charged on domestic properties which helps to pay for the services provided by ...

Read more: Council tax

Pay Council Tax

There are a number of ways that you can pay your Council Tax. Online If you have a debit card, you can pay your bill o...
Placeholder thumbnail


For Council Tax purposes, a person is classed as a resident of a dwelling if they are aged 18 or over and have their mai...
Placeholder thumbnail


You may feel that you have grounds for appealing against the banding of your property. The grounds for appeal about ban...

Revenues Services

Town Hall, Bank Road
Tel: 01629 761 222
Fax: 01629 761 148

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.