A Temporary Road Closure Order is needed for any event which may stop the flow of traffic on the public highway within the Derbyshire Dales, for example carnivals, parades, etc. The orders are made by the District Council following consultation with Derbyshire County Council and the emergency services.
Applications need to be submitted at least three calendar months before the date of the event and accompanied by a detailed plan (in black and white only) showing the length of road to be closed and the diversion route. Payment can be made online or by card via our payments line on 01629 761166.
|Events where there is a charge for participation or for spectators||£55|
|Events that primarily benefit businesses or other commercial organisations||£55|
|Carnivals/fetes or any other events that raise funds through collections/donations||£20.50|
|Remembrance/well dressing or other commemorative parades||£0|
- Submit the application form at least 3 months before your event
- Ensure that the appropriate fee is enclosed
- Ensure that you have complied with the conditions above
- Tell you if there are any objections in order to give you the opportunity to resolve them
- Make a Temporary Road Closure Order, if there are no objections, or if any objections have been resolved
- Send you copies of the formal Notice of Closure to be displayed in conspicuous places along the closed section of road