A Local Land Charge Search should be carried out when a property or piece of land is being sold, purchased, leased or valued to find out if there are any matters affecting the land.
Searches are usually carried out in two parts:
- The first part of the Search (LLC1) deals with all registrable charges, such as conditional planning consents, grants, tree preservation orders, planning agreements, and listed buildings and some enforcement issues.
- The second part (CON29) deals with issues that are not registrable such as planning refusals and unconditional consents, road schemes, planning history and environmental matters.
The information given on a search relates only to the property or land identified on the search plan. We do not provide information regarding surrounding property or land.
Who can commission a local authority search?
|Application type||Cost (£)|
|Official Search Fee (LLC1 + Con29R)||97.00|
|Con29O (per question)||10.00|
|Additional Parcel of Land||11.00|
|Written enquiries (solicitors own questions)||12.00|
|Personal Search of the Register||0.00|
|Con29R Component Data Information Form||See Property Search Application Form [PDF 17KB ]|
Payment can be made by cheque (made payable to Derbyshire Dales District Council), by debit card or credit card* or by requesting a monthly account facility.
(* a 2.5% handling charge will be applied to credit card payments)
Submit a Search online
Electronic searches can be submitted through the National Land Information Service Hub. If you wish to use this service, you will need to make arrangements with a National Land Information Service Licenced Channel Provider for the submission of your searches.
Submit a paper Search
When requesting a full Local Land Charges Search you should include either forms LLC1 and CON29 (these forms are obtainable from Solicitors or Law Stationers). Alternatively you an use our forms:
- Easy Search Form [PDF 16KB] (for Official Searches)
- Property Search Application Form [PDF 17KB ] (for Component Data Searches)
You must include an up to date plan showing the area to be searched in red. You should also include the relevant payment.
Return of search
Our preferred method of returning search is by email, although we will return searches by post if you prefer. If you would like to receive your searches by email, please include your email address on the application form. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your search result, please contact us.
Our searches are:
- the only Official Certificate of Search available
- processed by experienced staff, with local knowledge
- returned quickly (average of less than 4 working days – searches within the Peak District National Park may take longer)
- lender approved
- covered by insurance
Local Land Charges
Derbyshire Dales District Council
Tel: 01629 761 270 / 204
Fax: 01629 761 307
Email : email@example.com