Parking permits were mailed to every household in the Derbyshire Dales with 2018/19 Council Tax bills in the middle of March 2018, and the document management company contracted to do the mail-out on our behalf has confirmed that every Council Tax bill envelope had a parking permit enclosed in it.
Cost of a resident parking permit
|First parking permit in household*||Free|
|Second parking permit in household||£60|
* We issue the free parking permit to every household during March each year.
Applying for a second/replacement resident's parking permit
- Make an online application (Option found under 'Other Payments')
If your application is successful, it can take up to 10 working days for the permit to get to you in the post.
Information you will need to hand
- Full postal address
- Email address and telephone number
- Council Tax number (found on your Council Tax Bill)
- Payment card details
What is the resident parking permit?
The annual Residents' Free Parking Concession is automatically issued to all households within the Derbyshire Dales district. In order to benefit from the concession and be exempt from the pay and display charges before 11am and after 4pm daily, the badge must be displayed clearly on the windscreen of your vehicle. Only one free badge is available to each household.
The badge is issued for use under the following conditions:-
- It is only valid on the District Council's Pay and Display car parks.
- It is valid for use before 11.00AM and after 4.00PM, at all other times you must pay and display.
- Displaying the badge will enable you to park without paying, but all other rules apply.
- You may purchase a 1 hour parking ticket before 11am and display it alongside your badge to extend your stay to 12 noon. (Maximum extension 1 hour, valid on day of purchase only).
Please look after the badge as free replacements will not be issued.