Along with other partner agencies, we operate a voluntary Bonfire and Firework Safety registration scheme. The other agencies include other Derbyshire local authorities and Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The scheme aims to provide event organisers with free safety information to allow them to operate an event in a safe manner. A list [PDF 59KB] of events being run under the scheme for 2012 is now available.
If you wish to take part in our voluntary Bonfire Registration Scheme, you can download these documents:
- Bonfire Registration Scheme - Site plan [PDF 151KB]
- Bonfire Registration Scheme - Guidance document [PDF 168KB]
You can also let us know by contacting us by email or telephone.
Please also be aware that new legislation is now in force governing firework and bonfire events. Organisers of events are now required to carry out a risk assessment before the event takes place. This risk assessment should be in writing. Advice can be obtained from the websites linked to below to assist you to comply with your legal requirements and run a safer event.
Information on other websites
- Communities and Local Government: Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills: Firework Regulations
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
Derbyshire Dales District Council
Matlock DE4 3NN
Tel: 01629 761 212
Fax: 01629 761 165