Charity No. 518884
The Ernest Bailey Charity considers requests for financial assistance each year at a Committee meeting, usually held in November.
The Charity is required to ensure that funds must be applied for the general benefit of the inhabitants of Matlock and district (Matlock, Matlock Bath, Bonsall, Cromford, Darley Dale, Northwood and Tinkersley, Rowsley (part) South Darley, Starkholmes and Tansley) in one or more of the following ways:-
- For the relief of the aged and poor
- For the relief of distress and sickness
- To support facilities for recreation and other leisure time activities
- To support educational facilities
- In such other way as the Trustees think fit
Organisations and individuals who can meet the criteria are invited to apply on an annual basis.
In 2016, a total of £1,493 was awarded between 14 recipients.
Further information will be available on this website in Autumn 2017 or please contact Ros Hession, Community Engagement Officer:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 01629 761302