The Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) election takes place on Thursday 5 May, and here's information about the candidates and polling stations.
Information about the candidates can be found in this booklet [PDF 187KB].
Derby City Council is the lead authority for these elections. Voters in 41 police force areas in England & Wales, excluding London, will elect a Police and Crime Commissioner for their force area.
Associated documents for the PCC election in Derbyshire
- Statement of Persons Nominated [PDF 70KB]. Nominations have now closed.
- Notice of Election Agents [PDF 70KB]
- Notice of Election [PDF 72KB]
- Notice of Poll [PDF 31KB]
- Notice of Situation of Polling Places (Polling Stations) [PDF 175KB]
- Information about the candidates booklet [PDF 187KB]
The election run in the area of the Derbyshire Dales will be managed by Dorcas Bunton, Local Returning Officer (LRO). For more information about the election within the Derbyshire Dales please contact email@example.com.
Visit the Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner website for further information about the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
How can I vote in PCC Elections?
You must be registered to vote and also meet the following criteria:
- be 18 years of age or over on polling day
- be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the European Union
- be resident in the UK
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote
- You can apply to register to vote at www.gov.uk/registertovote. You will need your National Insurance Number to hand. You can also apply to register by contacting us on 01629 761335
To vote on 5 May 2016 you must be registered on the electoral role or have applied to register by Monday 18 April 2016.
If you want to vote by post you must be registered and we must have received your completed postal vote application form by 5pm Tuesday 19 April 2016.
- More information on elections and voting can be found at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk or http://www.derby.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/councillors-democracy-elections/voting
- Timetable [PDF 103KB]